Saturday, August 14, 2010

Concert Memorables from the year 1996

Found some concert memorables in my old treasure box and decided to take some pictures. I had all the opportunities to work part time as concert ushers during my college years, the best year was 1996 and still keeping these concert ushers pass after 14 years.

The most unforgettable was Michael Jackson's HISTORY World Tour '96 in Stadium Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur. I worked for 2 concert nights in a row and definitely enjoyed King of Pop twice. 




14 years ago....part time ushers


Other great rock concerts I've been to during the same year...some rock music going through my mind as I'm writing this post. "....down to Gorky Park.....listening to the Winds of Change...", "Pour Some Sugar on me...." and Alanis was never tired running and jumping the whole stage for two solid hours...singing her music from Jagged Little Pill album.


I got this autograph on my OP cap during MJ's concert. Guess who was the Malaysian diva enjoying MJ's world tour ?




Here's a closer look..starts with S

She was Sheila Majid, Jazz/Pop/Diva/Queen.... I even got her to autograph on a two Ringgit note. I could not find any paper that night


Black & white version

Here's the big SAMPLE



Pasted Sheila Majid's concert ticket as a telephone book cover. cool huh!

I always enjoyed her concert and hope that a 25th Year Anniversary Concert will happen soon in Malaysia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment